An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
Art director and graphic designer Koji Iyama has been staging installations across Japan to promote the multifunctional uses of mt-masking tape. His latest installation arrived in Sendai, almost 2 years after it was ravaged by the devastating tsunami.
Staged within an old warehouse, and utilizing its high ceilings, Iyama hung hundreds of rolls of masking tape from the ceiling, delineating space and affecting the flow of people. He then proceeded to cover the entire floor with masking tape as well, including all objects in his way, like bicycles.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein