Logo and packaging design for Hagiwara Butcher
Nestled amongst the shopping streets of old town Kamakura, just steps from the station, is a butcher shop unlike any other. The 60-year old shop was renovated last year and, as part of the facelift, received a new logo and packaging design by creative duo SPREAD — Hirokazu Kobayashi and Haruna Yamada.
As we briefly noted in our original feature, the fantastic logo has just won a 2013 red dot award in communication design. It’s encouraging to see a small butcher shop receive such a prestigious award; one that is typically reserved for large corporations with mega-budgets.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist