600 octopi made from recycled newspaper by Natsuko Kogure
Japanese artist Natsuko Kogure uses recycled newspaper to create quirky, often humorous sea life. She turns her paper creations into everything from whales and blowfish to sea cucumbers and hermit crabs, often photographing the results on actual beaches. But for an exhibition at Gallery Le Bain in Roppongi that just opened yesterday, the artist is displaying 600 octopi that she’s created over the years.
You can see the colorful creations (hard to believe it’s all newspaper!) through the weekend until August 11.
Trending this week
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional