Japanese pastry beds let you be the filling
I have a soft spot for Japanese bakeries. The smell of freshly baked breads and the immaculately displayed pastries make me want to devour everything and then curl up inside the shop and go to sleep. And while my fantasy will likely remain a dream, online retailer fellisimo is offering the next best thing: a new line of pastry beds!
The “Fluffy Big Bread Cushion Club” is a monthly subscription (16,000 yen/month) in which you receive either a chocolate cornet sleeping bag, a cream-filled pocket pastry, toast with jam cushions or a green team omelet wrap. Each bedding comes with a wearable cape, which transforms the user into the respective filling. The first shipment is scheduled for October.
That’s roughly $640 if you stay on for all 4 months. In my opinion it’s a fair price to pay for sweet dreams.
Trending this week
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Nendo featured in lifestyle magazine PEN
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container