Japanese pastry beds let you be the filling
I have a soft spot for Japanese bakeries. The smell of freshly baked breads and the immaculately displayed pastries make me want to devour everything and then curl up inside the shop and go to sleep. And while my fantasy will likely remain a dream, online retailer fellisimo is offering the next best thing: a new line of pastry beds!
The “Fluffy Big Bread Cushion Club” is a monthly subscription (16,000 yen/month) in which you receive either a chocolate cornet sleeping bag, a cream-filled pocket pastry, toast with jam cushions or a green team omelet wrap. Each bedding comes with a wearable cape, which transforms the user into the respective filling. The first shipment is scheduled for October.
That’s roughly $640 if you stay on for all 4 months. In my opinion it’s a fair price to pay for sweet dreams.
Trending this week
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan