A Charcoal Candle and Other New Works from Nosigner
Japanese designer Eisuke Tachikawa, who runs the design firm Nosigner, is currently in Paris where he is unveiling several new works at the major French trade show Maison et Objet.
Working with one of his favorite themes of memory, Tachikawa has created a candle modeled from, and blended with, charcoal. The design harkens back to days before electricity when our ancestors would burn charcoal to pass the dark nights.
And expanding on his Cartesia series, which features a bi-directional drawer system, the designer has created a dining table. The Cartesia #3 Table is a beautiful, sleek table with hidden drawers that make it easy to retrieve cutlery or stationary even when sitting down.
source: press release
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist