Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
I’ve been going through a lot of student work this week (see it all here) and one of my favorites is this clever set of furniture that looks like rough sketches suddenly came to life. It’s enough to make you do a double-take, or to assume they’re just renderings. The collection, appropriately titled “rough sketch products” was created by art student Daigo Fukawa for his 2013 senior thesis exhibition at Tokyo University of the Arts.
I’m not sure how comfortable these pieces are, but in terms of bringing ideas to life (quite literally) Daigo Fukawa takes the cake.
Trending this week
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Nendo featured in lifestyle magazine PEN
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container