Kimono Forest Lights Up Kyoto’s Arashiyama Station
Visitor’s to Kyoto’s Arashiyama Station were greeted with a bright surprise when the station unveiled its latest facelift. The designer Yasumichi Morita (previously) collaborated with Kyoto’s Kamedatomi Corp. to create yuzen kimono fabric patterns.
The patterns were then placed inside 600 illuminated poles that were strategically lined along pathways of the station, creating a bright kimono forest.
source: Yasumichi Morita
Trending this week
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- The Secret World of Japanese University Cafeterias
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees