Kimono Forest Lights Up Kyoto’s Arashiyama Station
Visitor’s to Kyoto’s Arashiyama Station were greeted with a bright surprise when the station unveiled its latest facelift. The designer Yasumichi Morita (previously) collaborated with Kyoto’s Kamedatomi Corp. to create yuzen kimono fabric patterns.
The patterns were then placed inside 600 illuminated poles that were strategically lined along pathways of the station, creating a bright kimono forest.
source: Yasumichi Morita
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional